The First Tee National School Program introduces the game of golf and The First Tee Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits to elementary students during physical education classes. Currently introduced to more than 6,000 elementary schools, this school golf program creates an environment where young people are introduced to the lifelong sport while learning the basic golf motor skills and the inherent values of the game.
Physical educators receive professional development training and are provided age-appropriate materials, junior golf lesson plans, and equipment for effective implementation into their existing physical education programs.
- Provide a complete golf program appropriate for today's elementary school physical education students and teachers
- Enable physical educators to introduce golf consistent with national standards developed by NASPE
- Develop student appreciation for the positive personal and social values associated with the game with each lesson
- Engage students in daily lesson activities that lead to motor skill development
- Present golf to students as a lifelong recreation and physical fitness activity