Congratulations on taking the first steps to bringing The First Tee National School Program to your school! Below you will find out just how easy it is.
Identify Funding: The cost for the program is a one-time fee of $3,250 per school and serves children for many years to come. Sponsorship and funding opportunities are available for many schools. The one-time fee covers:
- Equipment - The program uses developmentally appropriate golf equipment, SNAG.
- Curriculum Manual - lesson plans and resource information created using the framework of the Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) National Physical Education Standards.
- Training - online training (at no additional cost) or in-person training (at an additional cost) for participating physical education teacher.
- Contact The First Tee Home Office: Please email The First Tee home office to request the Individual School Agreement (ISA) for physical educator(s) and principal to complete and sign.
- Complete Training: Physical Educators must complete training online (included with the program) or through in-person training (additional fee required).
- Online training requires the physical educator to complete a three hour professional development session to become certified to deliver the program.
- In-person training is conducted in the community by one of The First Tee National School Programís certified national trainers. In-person training is $2,750 for 10 to 40 physical educators. Contact The First Tee home office for more information on in-person trainings.
- Receive Curriculum Manual & SNAG Equipment: You will receive both items upon successful completion of:
- payment or purchase order delivered to The First Tee home office
- signed (principal and physical educator) Individual School Agreement returned to The First Tee home office
- online or in-person training completed by the schoolís physical educator
For additional information, please contact the Senior Director of Outreach for the National School Program.