Junior Golfers from The First Tee To Attend Coca-Cola America's Future, Sept. 21-24, 2016
Five semifinalists are selected from an application process to spend two days in the heart of downtown Atlanta visiting the Coca-Cola campus, attending a new-hire training, meeting with executives, and taking part in interviews to determine the winner of a $5,000 scholarship. Four runners-up each receive a $1,000 scholarship. The semifinalists also attend THE TOUR Championship presented by Coca-Cola.
Participants at chapters throughout The First Tee network entering their senior year of high school are eligible to apply for the America’s Future Scholarship. Each of the five semi-finalists are selected based on their school grades, involvement in their chapter and community, and an essay on how they live their lives positively.
The 2016 selected participants will be announced Aug. 10.
- Addison Mitchell – The First Tee of Fort Smith
- Michael Chan – The First Tee of Smyrna
- Colm Parrish – The First Tee of Pittsburgh
- Nikhil Swaminathan – The First Tee of Silicon Valley
- Tristen Taylor – The First Tee of Greater Houston